Forms & Procedures
Key Request Form
- Download the Key Request Form, get the appropriate signatures and bring the completed form to the MATE Office (41A-229) for the Department Chair's signature and processing.
- If you are requesting a metal key, you'll receive a card to take to the Key Shop (58-103) to obtain your key.
- E-key requests are submitted to CENG IT Services once a week. When your e-key arrives to the office, you'll receive an email notification to come pick up your key.
Please consult your instructor/advisor before making any purchases for your project. Then use the MATE Purchasing Workbook to list the items you wish to purchase and to explain how you are going to store supplies and chemicals.
Purchasing Workbook Instructions:
- Download the MATE Purchasing Workbook and enter all data. DO NOT leave the 'Funding Source' field empty!
- Email the workbook to your faculty advisor/instructor for approval.
- The faculty advisor/instructor will forward the workbook to both MATE@calpoly.edu and email@example.com indicating their approval for the purchase. This step communicates which hazardous substances are being purchased so that Eric can ensure safe storage.
- After your purchase arrives, you will be informed via email. Promptly pick up your items from the MATE Office (41A-229), and review proper storage of any hazardous substances with Eric Beaton.
- If you must transfer small amounts of your hazardous substance into smaller containers, properly label the smaller container with its contents (e.g., chemical name), type of hazard (e.g., flammable, poisonous, carcinogenic), your name and contact information, and date of transfer.
List of Vendors Who Offer Discounted Supplies
- School Specialty
- Complete Book & Media Supply (CBMS)
- B&H Photo Video
- Gordon Industrial Supply Company
- Supply Works
- Vet Force
Laboratory & Scientific, Medical & Athletic
- Henry Schein
- Sigma- Aldrich
- VWR International
- Fisher Scientific
Please do not make any purchases without first obtaining approval from your instructor. All reimbursements for project work are for supplies used to design and/or analyze your project. Food costs will not be reimbursed.
Senior Project Storage Information Form
All persons traveling on university business (University Traveler) must receive authorization to travel before booking any travel, including individual travelers or group travel.
Prior to booking travel each traveler should fill out their own pre-authorization form, and have an Approving Official sign. Approving Official must have signature authority on chart fields listed, and hold an employment classification of MPP, Dept. Head, Dept. Chair or confidential.
Fee for Service (FFS)
We offer a limited set of services (e.g., scanning electron microscopy, metallographic image analysis, instron tensile testing, heat treating and processing, and consultation). Learn more about our various fee for service options by viewing our forms below.
Please contact Trevor Harding for any matters regarding fee for service by phone at (805) 756-7163 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Inquiries, see STUDENT ASSISTANT for the following:
Student Forms (Course Subsitutions, withdrawals, etc.)
Please see the Cal Poly Student Forms page FIRST https://registrar.calpoly.edu/registrar_forms
- If the form is not listed here, refer to the Engineering Student Services page and use the various tabs https://eadvise.calpoly.edu/
- If you cannot find the form, please visit the Engineering Student Services Office in Building 40
- Complete the form and turn it into the correct office listed on the form
- First email the professor with valid reasons as to why you want to be let into the corresponding class and any other important details that apply
- The professor will respond and forward the message to the MATE office
- The MATE office will then email you the permission number provided given the professor allows it
Access to labs and conference rooms
- Visit the MATE office and ask to be let into the lab/room
Plan meetings with Trevor Harding
- Come into the MATE office and ask the student assistant to help schedule a meeting with Trevor Harding
- You can call the MATE office at 805-756-2568
- You can also email email@example.com with numerous options to plan a meeting