Forms & Procedures
- Complete the Permission Number Request Power Form via Adobe Sign to begin routing for approval. The form will be sent to you to fill out, then to your course instructor.
- There are two types of permission numbers:
- Pre-requisite Waiver: Override the prerequisite(s) of the course.
- Enrollment Override: Enroll in a full class with or without a waitlist over the enrollment cap.
Key Request Form
- Complete the Key Request Power Form via Adobe Sign to begin routing the form for approval.
- "Date to be Returned" Will typically be the end of the school year.
- Metal Key Requests: Once approved, if you requested a metal key, you'll receive an email from the MATE Department letting you know a Key Card is ready for pick up. You will then take that Key Card to the Key Shop (58-103) to obtain your key. You will need to provide a photo ID.
- E-Key Requests: Once approved, E-key requests are submitted to CENG IT Services once a week. Once we receive the e-Key from ITS, you will receive an email from the MATE Department to pick up your e-Key from our office (41-229).
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-6pm
Faculty Advisor required: Monday-Friday 6pm-10pm, Sat & Sun 8am-10pm
Purchase Request Form
Please consult your instructor/advisor before making any purchases for your project. Then use the MATE Single Vendor Purchase Request Form to list the items you wish to purchase and to explain how you are going to store supplies and chemicals. You will be attaching your safety protocol(s).
Purchasing Form Instructions:
- Complete the Purchase Request PowerForm to initiate the form.
- You will receive an email to complete the form on adobe sign. Input all fields and attach your safety protocols. The form will then be sent to your faculty advisor for approval.
- The form will then be sent to the MATE Tech, Eric Beaton, for approval. This step communicates which hazardous substances are being purchased so that Eric can ensure safe storage. Next, the Department Chair and Administrative Coordinator will approve the form.
- After your purchase arrives, you will be informed via email. Promptly pick up your items from the MATE Office (41A-229), and review proper storage of any hazardous substances with Eric Beaton.
- If you must transfer small amounts of your hazardous substance into smaller containers, properly label the smaller container with its contents (e.g., chemical name), type of hazard (e.g., flammable, poisonous, carcinogenic), your name and contact information, and date of transfer.
List of Vendors Who Offer Discounted Supplies
- School Specialty
- Complete Book & Media Supply (CBMS)
- B&H Photo Video
- Gordon Industrial Supply Company
- Supply Works
- Vet Force
Laboratory & Scientific, Medical & Athletic
- Henry Schein
- Sigma- Aldrich
- VWR International
- Fisher Scientific
Please do not make any purchases without first obtaining approval from your instructor. All reimbursements for project work are for supplies used to design and/or analyze your project. Food costs will not be reimbursed.
Senior Project Storage Information Form
All persons traveling on university business (University Traveler) must receive authorization to travel before booking any travel, including individual travelers or group travel.
Prior to booking travel each traveler should fill out their own pre-authorization form, and have an Approving Official sign. Approving Official must have signature authority on chart fields listed, and hold an employment classification of MPP, Dept. Head, Dept. Chair or confidential.
- Pre-authorization Travel Form (Formally 1A)
- This form is to be completed to receive authorization to travel on university business.
- Travel Claim Form
- This form is to be completed in order to be reimbursed for traveling expenses on university business.
- Authorization to Use Privately owned Vehicles on State Business
- This form is to be completed if you are driving a private car for traveling on university business.
- CSU Liability Waiver
- This form is to be completed by all student travelers.
- Senior Project Travel Form
- This form is to be completed by a Faculty Advisor before students travel for their senior project. This is a reference file to see what the form looks like, please email Cassi (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy to fill out.
Fee for Service (FFS)
We offer a limited set of services (e.g., scanning electron microscopy, metallographic image analysis, instron tensile testing, heat treating and processing, and consultation). Learn more about our various fee for service options by viewing our forms below.
Please contact Trevor Harding for any matters regarding fee for service by phone at (805) 756-7163 or by email at email@example.com.
How to Address Sponsored Packages
Use the following address:
Materials Engineering Department
RE: Student Name
One Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0359
Student Inquiries, see STUDENT ASSISTANT for the following:
Student Forms (Course Subsitutions, withdrawals, etc.)
Please see the Cal Poly Student Forms page FIRST https://registrar.calpoly.edu/registrar_forms
- If the form is not listed here, refer to the Engineering Student Services page and use the various tabs https://eadvise.calpoly.edu/
- If you cannot find the form, please visit the Engineering Student Services Office in Building 40
- Complete the form and turn it into the correct office listed on the form
Access to labs and conference rooms
- Visit the MATE office and ask to be let into the lab/room
Plan meetings with Trevor Harding
- Come into the MATE office and ask the student assistant to help schedule a meeting with Trevor Harding
- You can call the MATE office at 805-756-2568
- You can also email Dr. Trevor Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org