Career Services: Emerging Market Events, Packaging Career Fair, Portfolium Workshop
Careers in 3D Printing: Panel & Networking Event (Emerging Market event)
Thursday, February 20 at the Advanced Technology Lab (Bldg. 7)
- 4:10 to 5:30 pm – Panel Presentation with industry experts (see list below)
- 5:30 to 6:30 pm – Casual networking with panelists
- Food provided to the first 50 students! (courtesy of Fluor)
Ever considered a career in the field of 3D Printing? Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn directly from experts about career possibilities in the field of 3D printing! You’ll hear about the expert panelists’ careers, how they entered their field, advice for students wishing to pursue careers in 3D printing, what the future of the industry looks like, and challenges facing the industry. Students will also have opportunities to ask questions during both the panel presentation and networking session.
You are welcome to attend all or as much of the event as you can (no RSVP required). If you can’t make the panel, please join us for the networking portion!
- Erika Berg (Aerospace Engineering alum), Head of Application Development at Carbon 3D
- Andrew Furmidge (Mechanical Engineering alum), Mechanical Engineer at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Luke Haylock, World Wide Director of New Product Development at Arconic Fastening Systems
- Jason Reynolds (Industrial Technology alum), Owner of Jinxbot 3D Printing LLC
- David Zilar (AERO alum), Co-Founder & COO at Mantis Composites
Debunking Data: Panel & Networking Event (Emerging Market event)
Tuesday, February 25 at Career Services (124-117)
- 11:10 am to 12:00 pm – Panel Presentation with industry experts (see list below)
- 12:00 to 12:00 pm – Casual networking with panelists
- Food provided to the first 25 students! (courtesy of Fluor)
Come learn about careers in data analytics, data mining, data science and what it really means to work with data.
- Lucy Beard, Head of Data Science at ThermoFisher Scientific
- Adam Bruntz, Business Intelligence Analyst at MINDBODY
- Dmytro Marushkevyc, Senior Director, Data Sciences at Publicis Sapient
- Han Schumann, Senior Data Scientist at Unanimous AI
Packaging Career Fair
Tuesday, February 25 at the Multi-Activity Center (back side of the Rec Center, Bldg. 43)
- 4:00 to 7:00 pm – Network with employers for internship or full-time opportunities
- Log-in to MustangJOBS/Handshake through your Cal Poly portal to see the list of companies attending
- Prepare ahead of time to be a standout candidate. See this handout on our website (please note: this career fair is a one-day event)
- Business attire is suggested
Thursday, February 27 at Career Services (124-117)
- 11:10 am to noon
- Want to learn how to be a standout candidate in your internship or job search? Come learn about Portfolium, an online platform where you can visually show off your experiences to employers.
- Please bring a tablet or laptop if you have one.